Heart Disease Forum

Dilated Cardiomyopathy/CoQ10

Posted By  CCF Cardio MD-SGM on January 21, 1998 at 11:13:15:

In Reply to: Dilated Cardiomyopathy/CoQ10 posted by John Palinkas on January 15, 1998 at 22:00:10:

: I was diagnosed last year with Dilated Cardiomyopathy.   I have heard and read so much lately about CoQ10. Is this worth a try? What do you know about this coenzyme?  Fact or Fiction?

Dear Mr. Palinkas,

The Coenzyme Q10 debate is arousing quite a bit of interest.  As you know, this is an essential enzyme involved in the production of energy by the powerhouses of mammalian cells
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.