Heart Disease Forum

ECO report

My father aged 72 with no history of heart problems was asked for ECO by our cardiologist after complaint of chest burning sensation when doing extensive labor.He is 15 yrs diabitic and regulary takes sugar medicine and sugar is in control. Utrasound of lung, liver,kidney and even chest Xray is normal.However ECG report has changed.
ECO report IMpRESSION says :-
Concentric LVP with multi segmental RWMA.Diastolic as well as systolic dysfunction (dP/dt = 976 mm of Hg/s & 53 % LV EF )
I want to know how serious is the problem considering all factors mentioned above.Will the problem will be controlled by medicine or will have to go for surgery ? If surgery , how soon ?
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.