Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.2k Members

Enlarged Heart

My Husband suffered a Heart Attack about seven years ago.After tests in hospital he was told his
heart showed signs of him having had a few minor Heart Attacks.He now has an Enlarged Heart
and Congenital Heart Disease.This come as a shock as my husband was always active.
He served nine years in the Army and worked as a metal dresser until he collapsed at work
with a Heart Attack.He is now on suitable medication and although he has slowed down a little
he is still pretty active.My worry now is The Doctor told us "It Is Hereditary"And to tell our
children to inform thier own Doctors as one of them is more than likely to inherit this condition.
This does not seem to have been taken serious by Two of thier Doctors and nothing wrote down
on Record as far as they are concerned it is not really important.I worry about which one of my
five children and six grandchildren could have this condition later in life and may not be as lucky as my husband.He was at work and the prompt action of the First Aid Man saved his life any delay and my husband would have died.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538180937
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.