Heart Disease Community

Good News to Report Regarding Lipid Panel

Hi all...I posted this on the doctor's forum in response to one member's question about raising his HDL....don't think I posted it here...but thought it might be helpful....also wanted to get people's feedback.

I was able to change my lipids as follows and it has been a real blessing of good news for me...

11/07

Total- 175
Tri- 145
HDL- 27
LDL- 126

3/30/07

Total- 142
Tri- 78
HDL- 45
LDL- 81

I did a progressive Niacin regiment twice a day for 14 weeks beginning with 250 mg and now taking 1500 mg daily...I also take CoQ10, and Pro-Vex CV. The other major thing I did was Agotston's diet and I have lost 30 lbs. (205-175) since December...

So these two strategies really have worked for me thus far.

BTW- I take the NON-slow release Niacin right out of the bottle...not Niaspan...but from what I understand they are the same thing.

Curious to hear feedback.