Heart Disease Forum

Healthy

I am 22, 8 months pregnant.  Very healthy, always have been.  Weight is normal, don't use caffiene, alcohol, chocolate or any stimulants.  Have had tachycardia since childhood, but was told early on not to worry about it since it won't hurt me.  Since being pregnant, (first time), the incidences have increased and not unusual to last for 2-3 weeks, with rates near and over 200 bpm.  Several times in the past I've had to go on medication to slow it down, which slowed me way down as far as my metabolism.  I do not want to be on medication, but both my cardiologist and ob doctor are talking like now I may have to again for a while.  Is there any risk with both medication and these heart rates while pregnant?
No.  Pregancy increases the stress on your heart and promotes an increase in heart rate.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.