Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.1k Members

Hear Attack Risk?

My name is Junior, I am 27 years old, 5'10, 200lbs and I recently visited the ER 4 times this week due to chest pains. I was recenty diagnosed with GERD and I have Sinusitis. I had 12 ECGs, a couple  chest x-rays, 1 Stress Test and a couple of blood tests. I have no diabetes, no family history of heart problems or stroke or coronary artery disease. My chlorestoral levels are perfect, I don't smoke, I occassionaly drink, I hardly excercise, I stress a heart attack alot and fear of dying. All show negative towards heart attack. When I wake up in the morning my chest bone in the middle feels some what tight. It is on and off pain. I used to have burning in the middle of my chest and that radiated to my neck and jaw but taking prilosec everyday that subsided. I've noticed today I was short of breath upon exertion and and my chest bone felt tight again for a little bit. Is this angina or somethig else. My doctor says I have a bronchiatal spasm or some sort. The doctor put me on a neubalizer and the inhaler did make me breathe better. It cured my shortness of breath. After having a normal stress test I ran on the treadmill at my house and felt my neck burning and stayed for a long time but I wasn't short of breath running the treadmill. Sometimes I feel my mind is signaling something is going to happen to my heart and it automatically focuses on the center of my chest. I used to have neck pain and left arm pain but they are tender to touch. Am I that stressed?Is this angina, asthma, anxiety, gerd or what is putting me in fear everyday?
1 Responses
Consider a heart scan. It takes a snapshot of your coronary arteries. Anything short of this will not likely ease your anxieties.
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.