Heart Disease Community

Heart Attack

I have been told that heart attack symptoms are different in women than in men.  What signs should a woman look for?

There are many resources on the web --here is one of them -
http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/features/her-guide-to-a-heart-attack

just search-   signs of heart attack in women
In my case it was more a burning sensation in the center of my chest. I could also feel it radiate up to my jaw and in my arms. I was never really short of breath, but I was nauseated and sweating. The last time I was also shaking. I knew someting was wrong. At times even now I have a strange tingling in my upper back between my shoulder blades.  Have you had any discomfort of this type?
Often times women have pain between the shoulder blades in the back.
Thank you so very much for your reply.  I have had pain before in between my shoulder blades, and I have awakened in the middle of the night almost every night nauseated but never actually vomiting.  I did take a stress test, because my doctor had ran an EKG, and it was abnormal, but my Medicaid ran out, so I never got a chance to see what the results of my stress test were.
Thank you very much for your reply.  I too, have had pain between my shoulder blades in my upper back, and I have also awakened, almost every night nauseated but never actually vomiting.  I took a stress test, because my doctor ran an EKG, and it was abnormal, but then my Medicaid ran out, so I never got a chance to see what the results of my stress test were.  I do know that my doctor gave me prescription strength aspirin so I don't know what is going on, and I don't have the cash to pay my doctor for a visit.  They don't bill anymore, so I'm at a loss there as well.