Heart Rate Affect Blood Pressure?

After a recent check-up, the nurse notified me that my blood pressure was high. The past few times I'd had it taken, it had been higher than I expected, so I borrowed my mom's sphygmomanometer and have been keeping tabs on it the past few weeks. My BP readings have averaged around 135/78, and I realize this is classified as prehypertension. one thing I've notices is that the systolic changes frequently, ranging from 156 to 119, but my diastolic hardly ever changes, ranging between 73 and 82.  Is there an explanation for this?

Additionally, I have a low resting HR, about 44, and I was wondering in my low heart rate could affect my blood pressure.

I'm 19 years old, 6'2", 170lbs, and an avid swimmer and runner. I eat a relatively healthy diet and exercise frequently. I do know that high blood pressure runs in the family, but I didn't think mine would be so early-onset. Any ideas? Appreciate feedback.