Heart Disease Forum

Heart attack

My dad has a heart attack last friday..yesterday he had any operation at his back through any pipe and today he got a leave frm d hospital..if sme1 knw about such operation pls tell me briefly about it,what is d future risks for my dad..
I am sorry your question is confusing and I am not sure of the procedure that was performed.
Generally heart attacks are treated using coronary angioplasty (stents) or by bypass surgery.
The risk of future adverse events depends on the risk factor profile of the person like age, blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, smoking history, family history etc.
I would recommend a follow up consultation with a cardiologist to discuss effective mitigation of future cardiovascular risk for your dad.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.