Heart Disease Community

Heart disease related diet.

Pls advise about some tips on Heart Patient's diet. What kind of food i should take in break fast/Lunch/Evening snack's/ Dinner ???.
Dark Chocolate!  I heard it's good for us ;-)

I guess I shouldn't leave it at that...  Fruits, Veggies, Nuts, and Fish are all high on all the lists I've seen.  I have ate more fruits and fish in the last few months than I have in my whole life.  Am I any healthier than before?  I don't know but what I have learned is that we should stay away from things that are bad over having things that are good, so stay away from saturated fats and cholesterol.
Try www.oldways.org and look at their Meditarannean Diet Pyramid. It is very helpful and similar to what Radio mentioned...lots of fruit, tree nuts (no oils or sugars added) vegetables and fish. Good luck.Joan.
And sodium! For people with heart disease, that's a  big item. I don't mean just the salt shaker. There's sodium in all kinds of food, especially the canned/boxed variety. I don't buy canned soups any more, never buy frozen dinners or those things in a box. Some of those will give you a full portion of sodium in one serving. Ick! Don't get me started on fast food or restaurants.