Heart Disease Community

How many pvc's are normal?

I have heard that EVERYONE has pvc's and pac's.  Is this true?  I have at least 10 every day.  Is it dangerous to have that many?  Do I have more risk of it turning into an arrhythmia that my heart won't get out of?  How can I tell if I am having a pvc or a pac?  My holter showed 13 pac's and 2 pvc's but I always feel the pause and then a hard thump.  Why do they happen more when I run up the stairs or bend over too quickly or am carrying a heavy load?
Worried sick.
My cardiologist said about 50 are "normal", but this DOES NOT mean that 51 is "abnormal" and it certainly doesn't mean they're dangerous.  I know someone who was having 5,000 PVCs a day and not being treated because they were just simple PVCs.  "Normal" just implies common in this case.
Hi there.  That is what I experience.  I am 45 years old and have at least 10 a day.  I have been for every test imaginable and they have caught non-sustained v-tach on my montior and that is what scared the absolute *(&(*& out of me.  I have been totally obsessed with my heart.  They have caught PVC's and PAC's and nobody seems concerned about them.  I get between two and ten a day and freak out at every one of them.  I know exactly how you feel.
I hear that, they ignore mine too and I have MS and they drive me batty sometimes. Frightening.
Prior to my ablations (for a different reason), I was having thousands a day, still "normal."  I'm not sure how many I have now, but they make themselves known now and again.

My sister had 400 pvcs records, normal....

The important thing is that in the setting of a structually normal heart, pvcs are considered harmless.

Happy Holidays!
well, did a holter on an average day for me.  750.

They drive me nuts, I get other odd pains.  That said, my heart is structurally normal, and I've had every test short of a cath (including a 64 slice ct).  34 years old.  They say they are normal, so I try every day to deal with them.  I went two weeks recently with very limited pvc's.. then they come back.
The majority of people have PVC's and never notice them. People who have frequent PVC's get used to what they feel like, and as a result of learning how they feel, notice every single PVC they have, even when their PVC rate drops to "normal" levels.
Mine are probably averaging around 3,000 a day, if I go by 3-4 per minute, for about 16 hours a day, plus the few I have when I sleep.  And yeah, they are annoying.  I feel them when I get frustrated also, and that's a pain because my job is production oriented (they count everything you do all day long).  Plus my BP had been very high.  I had originally blamed it on an increase in my lisopril (from 20 mg to 40 mg).  I was already taking 200 mg of Toprol and had not had any PVCs until just recently.  But my cardiologist didn't like the high BP so agreed to lower my lisinopril back to 20 mg. and added Norvasc.  I had hoped (FERVENTLY) that the PVCs would get much less or disappear but no such luck. So far my BP has gone way down to near normal (at least for now) and I have to see if the trend continues, so the norvasc, in combination with the other stuff, is working.  But still get the durned PVCs.  If it's stress related, it's not due to something obvious, or I wouldn't have them over the weekend, but I do.  

But one of the things the cardiologist did tell me is that my tests show a normal heart (I had the heart attack blood work and echo + x-ray in the ER).  So did my regular doc and the ER docs/cardiologists.  No one is worried, even now that they known how often I get them.  They were so much more concerned about my blood pressure issues.  As far as the PVCs are concerned, no one has mentioned drugs for it, or concern for it. What they did tell me was to do the prudent thing for a 51 year old, overweight woman, and that is to go the ER if I should ever get any symptoms of a heart attack in the future, which, as we know, can happen to anyone at any age, without connection to the benign PVC/PAC issues.

However, like you, I feel concern about one issue...is is possible to have the heart retrain itself so that I'll never have a 'normal' beat again.
My EP told me that if you are having less than 20,000 a day and have a structually normal heart the doctors don't worry about it.  He said if you are having over 20,000 per day the PVC's could lead to heart weakness.  I am currently having over 25,000 per day.  I had an ablation, since I cannot take the medications for this, and it did not work.  I am scheduled with a doctor at the Cleveland Clinic next week to see if there is anything else they can do.  Because I am having so many I experience shortness of breath and dizzyness almost constantly.
I wonder since I only have around 10 or less everyday, why do I feel like I am going to die very young?
Since my last posting about being very scared about having 50 or so pvc's they are now averaging 3 or 4 per min so that is running into the thousands too - same as "lady".  Having just 10 a day would be such a relief for me.  Please try not to worry even though it is so hard - at the moment I am at my wits end, cant sleep at night with them either.
How long did it take for yours to increase that much?  What is your age?  Is there any link between hormones and your sudden increase maybe?
I live every day of my life thinking it is the last as well.  I am 45 years old and had a holter when I was 30 and it showed short non-sustained runs of v-tach which sent me over the edge.  I really only get 10 to 20 a day but I feel every single one of them and freak out at every one.  I have been to numerous cardiolgists and EP doctors and they all say don't worry - it is normal!  Yeah right.  I just can't get my head wrapped around the fact that everyone gets these things.  I live my life in constant anxiety about my heart.  I am actually going to see a phycologist next week to ask if they can get me over this heart anxiety and be able to live like a normal person.
Glad to know that I am not alone.  I feel so irrational.  Funny you mentioned the bath thing b/c I am afraid when I am giving the baby his bath b/c I am afraid of drowning him if my heart gives out then.  I know I sound like such an idiot.  I am afraid when I am showering also b/c I am afraid something will happen when I am in the shower NAKED! I get in and get out as quickly as possible! Sometimes I go a week without shaving my legs just so I can get in and get out.  I AM THE WORLD'S BIGGEST IDIOT! But hey, at least I can laugh at myself.