How many pvc's are normal?
I have heard that EVERYONE has pvc's and pac's.  Is this true?  I have at least 10 every day.  Is it dangerous to have that many?  Do I have more risk of it turning into an arrhythmia that my heart won't get out of?  How can I tell if I am having a pvc or a pac?  My holter showed 13 pac's and 2 pvc's but I always feel the pause and then a hard thump.  Why do they happen more when I run up the stairs or bend over too quickly or am carrying a heavy load?
Worried sick.
I have been out of town for a bit, but did get my results from the echocardiogram.  They said that I did have what they call Trace Mitral Valve Regurgatation. That is where the Mitral valve does not close tightly and a little blood sloshes or regurgatates back into the heart.  They said that it is harmless as well and a benign problem that could be caused by being just slightly dehydrated.  I did tell the nurse that I came in fasting for the appointment just in case the doctor wanted to do some bloodwork and I did run 2 miles the evening before right after dinner.  She said that was probably the cause since I have not had alot to drink in about 13 hours.  They told me that I was good to go and there was no treatment or medications necessary.
  Fortunately the skipped beats have reduced tremendously over the last month with all of the supplements that I am taking.  Now with the anxiety gone about the health of my heart they have almost all together stopped.  Plus I have been hiking in the mountains of North Carolina for the past few weeks and have been getting alot of exercise and of course it is really pretty and relaxing there so that is probably helping too.
I forgot to say that besides the very slight Mitral Valve regurgatation which was most likely from being a little dehydrated, everything else looked great  with my heart.
  Oh yeah Stevirichelle the echo will show any structurally abnormalities of your heart.  I produces a image of your heart so they can see alot of things about your heart like blockage, the health of the heart fibers, if you have an enlarged heart, a leaky valve, mitral vavlve prolapse and alot of other things too.  The way I understand it if you have over 10,000-15,000 skipped beats per 24 hour then they need usually do a catheter ablation or try to calm down the heart with arrythmic drugs which I hear can cause you heart to have even more problems with the skipping and have read online from doctors saying that sometimes the strong arrythmic drugs can sometimes cause a simple pvc problems to turn into a bad case of A-fib.  The beta blockers are the first route before going to the strong arrythmics.  I am so glad I did not get prescribed anything because I can not tolerate beta blockers.  I took the drug of choice called metaprolol for 2 days about 5 years ago when I had a little high blood pressure and I was so dizzy that I was about to fall out and discontinued the meds, found a new doctor and got myself healthy naturally with supplements, exercise and diet.
  I was also going to say that I am thinking that many peoples PVc's and Pac's can be controlled and greatly reduced by finding that one habit that its probably causing the problem.  Like drinking Coke, coffee, smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, doing any kinds of recrational drugs and there are prescription drugs too that can cause the PVCs.  Sometimes the underlying problem is not as easy to resolve like reflux, anxiety, being low of vital vitamins, being anemic or having a more serious underlying cause.  It may be even harder to stop drinking, smoking and to stop drinking alot of coke and coffee.  
I left out that even with a healthy heart if you have over 10,000-15,000 extra beats they usually want to treat that with a catheter ablation.  Check out the doctor chat link around the middle of this blog from a Cleveland Clinic doctor, there is alot of good info in the Q&A.
WideSpread...that is great to hear you are doing well.

I am the same.  the minute I got all the news my heart WAS healthy the pvcs have lessened and don't feel as pronounced.  anxiety thinking you are in some heart trouble situation sure can ramp up the nasty feelings.

you sound like you are finding great ways to handle this.  good for you!

I was going to say to that all of the things that I told the EP about my extra beats fit most people's story the Doctor said.  I told him that stress seemed to bring them on and he said that was usually the case with his other patients.  I also told him that theybothered me while trying to fall asleep.  He said that it was not from laying down but when you are really calm and quite the skips are more noticeable and when you are sitting.  When I saw the EP at Emory they gave me an EKG first and detected no extra beats.  The doctor came in and went over the Holter information from my family doctor.  Once I went and laid down to start the Echo test my heart started skipping and I was feeling anxious too.  I am glad that the extra beats happened 5 ot 6 times during the test so they could see what was going on even further more with Echo and the extra beats happening during the test.  I have put them out of my mind and even if my heart starts going crazy again I am not going to worry with it because I know that my heart is heathy and even if it was not I have got a great doctor now that can fix or repair any problems that may arise in the future.
Oh yeah my doctor said the 700 extra beats that I had in 24 hours was a very small percentage of the total beats.  My heart had beat 112,000 times.  Which is about average for a male.  I also exercised alot while on the monitor getting my heart rate up to 145 several times during exercise.  If I has not exercised so much with the monitor there would have been fewer beats.  I wanted to make sure to show the doctors what was going on with my heart during all activities.
  Farmer Chick I am so glad too that your beats have really lessened.I am confident now that these beats are not going to kill us if we have a normal structurally normal heart.  Mayo clinic says that a large majority of all people have PVC's and PAC's and they are harmless and most people have no idea they are havingn them.  I thought that I felt all of my extra beats when theym happened obviously not,  I pressed the button on the Holter about 145 times and I really had about 700 extra beats, so I do not feel all of mine.  I also wanted to comment that theye are not skipped beats, ofr your heart stopping momentarily, they are actually extra , premature beats.  It can feel like your heart is stopping but really it is just sending an extra beat before the last beat finishes.  Good luck everybody and know that you are going to be fine if your heart is structurally normal.  Try to forget the PVC's if you have been cleared by the doctor.
Not sure if you still monitor this post.  I hope you are feeling better and the PVCs are under control.  I have had PVCs for 30 years and freak out a bit with every one. You would think I would have gotten used to them by now.  I managed to raise 3 children all the time worried I would pass out while driving or simply drop dead.  So far that did not happen.  I was taken to the ER a few times because I had odd palpitations..sustained AFIB....PVCs that were every other beat (bigeminy). etc.  I am 63 now and believe it or not I have a 5 year old son (second marriage).  He is the light of my life and the PVCs and old worries are still with me.  I take Flecainide and that has helped a lot.  I am down to 20-30 a day on bad days and many days 1-2 or none.  Good luck.  Your posts hit a nerve.  I hope you are alive and well and your kids are thriving.  
When I went to my doc. He said sleep was number one priority. Also stress and to limit caffeine. He encouraged me to get back to the gym, he said that will help diminish PVC's. I can relate to much of what has been said on this board, for a condition that is supposed to be harmless they sure have turned my life upside down. My only relief when they were really bad was my Ambien I took every night to sleep. I wish I would have found this board  a few months ago! Good luck to you all, hang in there.
You may call me crazy but it works for me and if you do some research to understand what I am about to say you should find it true. I recommend starting to eat 2 bananas per day for the sole purpose of potassium intake. After doctors didn't care and called it normal I became my own doctor and researcher and so far this simple solution has completely taken care of my PVC's.
Well, they are back again for me.  I first had them when I was in my early twenties, during university.  Holter monitor, tests, dr. visits, specialists, and yes they all said it was normal.
I am now 46 and on vacation, and they are back with a vengeance.  I know exactly how they feel, a little like going down a roller coaster, an uneasiness in your chest, and you can notice it with a delay in your pulse.  I am scared to figure out how frequently I am getting them....
here is the funny part tho, I am on vacation with little stress, I have a very stressful job, but run 7-10 km every day or every other day, I am not overweight, I do not drink or smoke, but admittedly I was up to 6 cups of coffee a day until my vacation, stopped coffee, and running for 2 weeks and here they are again???
I HAVE A THREE YEAR OLD, THE LAST THING I NEED IS TO DIE AND LEAVE HER FATHERLESS.  

I plan to continue my routine PVC's or not, running 7-10 km per day, more sleep will help too...  I won't give in to this annoyance.  

Annoyed on vacation!

My holter showed 37,540 PVCs per day. The cardiologist says there's nothing dangerous about it, as I'm otherwise healthy, aside from crippling depression and anxiety. I'm 40, and female. I've been on 5 medications (atenolol, verapamil, Flecainide, metoprolol, carvedilol) and they haven't worked. To me, it seems ldangerous,, because I feel awful most of the time. I don't have health insurance, of course.
I have been having PVCs that I have noticed for a couple of months now.  Had an EKG, ECG and wore a Holter monitor.  24-hour Holter monitor period showed in excess of 900 for that day.  Had me concerned but a very well known and respected ElectroCardiologist -- she specializes in the electrical aspects of the old ticker -- says that unless you are having 10k to 20k a day or more that they usually aren't too concerned.  EKG and ECG both showed a very strong heart for a person of 63+ years.  Doing a little detective work myself, I noticed that I seem to get them mostly shortly before and after my noon meal.  Then discovered that if I take two (2) Tums Extra Strength 750 with Calcium and follow that fifteen (15) minutes later with two (2) Gas-X Extra Strength that the PVCs almost virtually disappear.  Very strange but somewhat comforting to know that all I have to do is chew a couple of Tums and Gas-X once a day and alleviate most of the PVCs.  The human body is a strange, wonderful and -- sometimes -- very frustrating place to live.  She wanted me to take Flecainide but that was just because the PVCs were bothering me when I didn't know exactly what they were or what was going on.  Now that I know more about the condition, I can live with them and while I have the Flecainide prescription filled, won't start taking it unless they get a heckuva lot worse than they are now.  I sympathize and empathize with each and every one of you who are going through this.  It is not a fun time.  But it is comforting to know that they are not -- at least in my case -- induced or exacerbated by stress as I am a volunteer with the local Search and Rescue and have been on several callouts since they started and the adrenaline rush actually seems to help abate them.  Also comforting to know that I am not alone.
wow i didnt know acid-reflux causes them. i have GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) but my PVC's calmed down for a few months. im currently on Omeprezole which does the exact same thing as the medications you listed, and i have noticed that my ectopics have been worse. Im sure am getting thousands a day i feel so hopeless. I sympathise with all the situations i've read because i can totally relate. Im only 19 and i feel as if i cant live a normal life. But my PVC's only started with stress so i remain optimistic that one day they will go and those that 'suffer' with this horrible condition are in my prayers. Thank you so much for your info about reflux...you've stopped my hours of crying.
God bless.
I had frequent pvcs for over 30 years.  I went on a gluten free diet and they totally resolved!  I know how you all feel...give it a try.  
I have also had non-sustained V-Tach and I went for about a couple of months with no PVCs and now BAM, But I am not gonna worry about them because everytime I have had them in the past they say I am fine and my EF if fine, Scary though!!
Pvcs & pacs are really getting me down Iv been suffering with these since I was 19 now 32 some weeks I'll only get the odd one or two a day some weeks nothing 7 years ago I had a bad spell of them went to A&E (ER in U.S) I got refured to cardiology where they put a heart montor on me for 24 hours which picked up nothing so they put one on for a week that did pick the pvcs and pacs  up but the consultant said your are fine it's stress related and I'm not going to die and that he didn't feel the need to put me on medication .. So off I went suffering in silence thinking I'm going to die .. Like I said they have always been a part of my life but in November I started having theses god dam pvcs and pacs again not just the odd on 100 a day after a few days of having over a 100 a day went to A&E they put me on an ECG and thank god they showed up at last I'm not going crazy it's there in black and white that I'm having them so they took bloods , blood presure all the test they needed to and all came back ok even my heart rate was nomal other that having pvcs & pacs I was refured back to cardiology where they decided to give me an echo plus a 24 hour heart montor and again all came back fine the consultand told me my heart was fine my ECG was fine everything in fact was text book and what I'm getting is pvc & pacs he doesn't know the reason why some people get them and don't even know then the likes of me get them and can feel every god dam one I start to cry at this point and said even though I wasn't having on the day I had my appointment with him I told him its getting me really down when I do have bad spells of them he tried to reassure me I'm not going to die I'm a healthy young woman with a perfectly normal heart and he doesn't feel the need to treat it with medication so off I go yet again with no answers    ;-( I start to think of the positives and thought ok I'm going to be ok I need to get on with things and that I did then last Sunday out of the blue bang there back all day Sunday / Monday / Tuesday and on Wednesday I broke down I can't take this feeling as if my heated going to stop I got sent home from work tried to relax but still had them Thursday iv been keeping a diary over a 100 pvcs/pacs a day I'm drained I feel so down and depressed so I went back to the doctors and by chance had a different doctor who is never seen before he listened to me and was very sympathetic he proscribed me propranolol (any one had these and do they work he's give me 40 mg and I can take them up to 3 times a day ) haven't started to take them yet .. As I sit here writing this I'm having them I'm crying and can't take no more I just want  to be normal ;-(
Hello everyone. So happy to have found this thread. I have been suffering from PVCs and PACs since I was 5 years old. I am 22 now and didn't get evaluated for the "flip flop" in my chest until I was 19 years old. I had only 5 or 6 multiple beat runs PAC/PVCs on 2 separate Holter monitors. So, I had some NSVT.

***On the two separate days I wore the holter monitor, I did not feel one flip flop in my chest - yet it was happening anyway!***

My cardiologist isn't the least bit concerned about these, he told me they are fine and to go about my life. Like you all, I struggle with this. It's a very scary feeling to know that your heart is having an electrical storm inside your chest.

I am a nursing student and I am currently doing rotations in an ICU. All of the patients are hooked up to continuous cardiac monitoring and I would say 90% of them have multiple PVCs/PACs a day.

I think a common denominator between us all is stress&anxiety.

I've had PVCs for a number of years. Was on one beta blocker and it worked for a while then stopped so they put my on bystolic - again it worked for a while and then stopped. I was on a monitor (ZIO patch) for a week and everything was normal except for the PVCs - they were occurring 3% of the time which both my cardio and GP said was a lot. So my cardio put me on flecainide, and my GP had a surprised look on his face when I told him. So far, no side effects. I still have some PVCs but not nearly as bad, and I can deal with them. Before the flecainide, it was happening mulitple times every day.

But, reading what people are saying about flecainide, it makes me hesitate. I also had a stress echo so they could make sure nothing else was going on, and the cardio said everything looks great.

Pros/cons of flecainide? Any other medication to take? How many just live with this?

I'm sure stress has a lot to do with this, but I really can't get away from it at this point.
I have notice that my BP goes up too when I have these skip beats,
Sounds very reassuring to read your last sentences.
People PVCs are not normal, period, Normal is not having any. I get so pissed off these people and specially Doctors saying that PVCs are normal. Its outrages, as a heart patient with over 5000 per day (in a good day) I cant tell you that having this is more then a curse. I have no words to express of how weak and fatigue It feels to have this problem. All my issues started with an undetectable virus that attacked my heart at the age of 25 damaging my apex. I lived for nine years and all the heart issues a human being can have even getting Defibrillated (shocked) 31 times without knowing what I had. Until on doctors decide to do an Biopsy in 2006. Before then I had DOCTORS say in my face "you will have more issues as you grow older, will just treat you with drugs". I had numerous ablations and yes from me pushing them it has eliminated my VTs but not my PVCs looking to ablate again. Push your doctors remember they make money on your visits curing you is not good business for them...Good Luck
Ive been reading the posts on here as Im having a morning of it....you know the one where you just feel helpless, alone and just want to shut the world out. So, first thing is to come on these forums and read what others are going through.  It helps...alot.  Few other things that help me....  find a local heart support group (Im in uk) Mostly all regions have one, ask your local hospital or doctors surgery.  Next one is the same as Justin FLD...Bananas! Yup, those long yellow fruits make a huge difference to the amount of PVC's PACS etc that I get. Also, if I start getting a bad run I drink something fizzy preferably spring water and preferably cold. The fizz helps alot and most likely that the hydration helps.  On that note make sure you keep hydrated with water.  Not drinking water means I get more PVC's.  No caffeine and drink some camomile tea.  If they are bothersome at night, try going off to sleep sitting up a bit more and avoid CHEESE.  Cant remember why but when I stopped eating so much of it it did make a difference and apparently (so my cardio says) is a trigger for alot of people for eptopics and svt. Sleep, I know its an obvious one but does make a difference, o and sleep on your right hand side not your heart side. You're less likely to hear/feel the retched things through your ears in the pillow! I take flecanide as a pill in the pocket solution so I take 50/100mg when I need to.  Seems to help but they make me really hungry for some reason!

Hormones if you're a girl then expect to get more around your time of the month. I have found that if iron levels drop during this time it make it worse.  I cant stomach the iron tablets, so I eat a few dried apricots every day.

Ive said for years that the association with PVC's and the vagnus nerve is one that shouldnt be ignored.  The medical profession still dont seem to have grasped this concept in any big way but lots of PVC suffers support the theory. I am one of them! Always get some extra beats before a bowel movement (often my heart lets me know before my bowel which is handy!) and if Im hungry with an empty stomach of if I eat to quickly, too much.

Hope this post helps you reading it. I would say you will have the odd bad day when it all gets a bit much and you cant cope with the anxiety of wondering if you will wake up in the morning or your child will find you keeled over somewhere.  Its terrifying I know so accept that bad day and cherish the many more good ones that always follow xxx
Thank you for this news.  It's good to know a few things to try.
I had reduced caffeine and alcohol but neither seemed to make much difference.
I added electrolytes with trace minerals and that didn't help either.

Will try "cutting the cheese" :-0 and adding bananas.  After 3 months of hellish pvc's, they are finally abating.  Still awaiting word on an echocardiogram, but yes, it is totally crazymaking to have doctors call these normal - yet I had never heard of them before I got them!

I definitely feel the same way. It's crazy what you miss out on when all you do is spend time worrying.  And every time I have an "extra" heartbeat, I'm convinced it's going to be the last.  Even with a cardiologist, several ER/Urgent Care visits and many many tests later ALL saying i have NOTHING to worry about, I'm never satisfied.  I just got my 48 hour holter monitor results back yesterday (10/23/13), and there were 5 pvc's and 1 pac.  Cardiologist told me that based on the holter monitor, stress test and echo, my heart is perfectly fine and I don't need to come back.  Doesn't make it any easier to accept though =(
I have a daughter in law who is age 54...three yrs ago heart went out of
rhythm bad. In hospital found out three reasons for it....high blood pressure,
asthma and sleep apnea. She was very heavy weight about 250 lbs and the paddles did not work thro the fat. Could not get her heart back into normal rhythm. Gave her pills and she's fine now. She said her heart is STILL out of rhythm, but becuz of the drugs does not feel it. She works a regular job,
has a few beers every nite, and doesn't worry. At least SHE can't FEEL them
even tho her heart is still irregular. She had A fib they said. Is under control with 3 meds. Does not feel out of rhythm beats anymore even tho she still gets them.
I feel the exact same way you do....TERRIFIED....How are you doing now???
It's Great that you two met on here, you can start your own support group, even if it's online.  ;-)    I have the pvc's too, but still going through tests.  hang in there guys, try to not be obsessed by it!
I have been experiencing PVC's & PAT's for more than 42 years. At first, I pretty much ignored them, but as the years passed, they became more frequent and more disturbing. The PAT's are rare, but nevertheless just as frightening as the PVC's. The doctors have assured me, over the years, that they are harmless, innocuous, and certainly not life threatening as long as I do not have heart disease or any other heart related issues. They must be right, since I'm still here to write this comment. It reached the point, in recent years, where I developed a fear of traveling or engaging in any other activity where I'd be alone or away from close proximity for help, such as a hospital, or any location without an automatic electronic defibrillator.
I went to a therapist for Cognitive Therapy, where you slowly expose yourself to the frightening situations, and as you become more reassured you can do them, you progress further, until your fear is almost completely gone. The therapy is short, maybe a month or two, once or twice a week, but it works.
I am now experiencing 50 to 100 PVS's / day and am falling back into fear mode again. I've found taking 2.5 - 5 mg of Valium reduces my anxiety, and the PVC's are drastically reduced, which convinces me that there is an anxiety or stress component involved in inducing them.
I've also found that reading all these posts of others experiencing the same thing to be extremely helpful in reducing my anxiety about them and hence reduces their frequency.
I am 76 years old and hope my post helps others to cope with these annoying and frightening PVC's and PAT's.
I have been reading what everyone is writing. I THOUGHT that I was the only person in the entire world that was insane for being too concerned for the PVC's. NONE OF YOU ARE CRAZY, NOT ONE!!! The doctors are not lying to us and we are all very, very normal. The more I read the more I know that this is all about anxiety too. I so wish that I knew where each one of you lived and that we could all meet together and form a tight support group. Can I tell you what has been best for me? My pastor's counseling, my Bible reading (Psalm 91 especially!!) exercise, right eating, relaxation breathing, prayer, and a whole lot of talking it out (and probably not with your husband, but a good friend who has a strong ear and words of encouragement.) Please know that God is faithful and is willing to command his angels to guard you in all your ways. He has given you these children as a blessing and the last thing He will allow to happen is allow you to drop them. Go into your fears by saying out loud, "I can do this, please help me." I do not want to sound crazy or like a religious freak but I know that the enemy wants to disable you and take you down with worry. I experience too. What better way for the enemy to win than to disable a person with worry and anxiety. I have 6 children, all mine, bore by me. I have 1 husband and all belong to us. I have responsibilities that overwhelm me and sometimes my anxiety overtakes me and I fear that I may not have another breath. BUT ultimately I realize that God has his hand over my heart and knows me. I often ask Him to take the PVC'S away. I ask Him to hold my heart in His hands. All of this is not fun and I do not understand any of it. I am 44 yrs. old and too struggle with heart PVC's. I am scared, I have anxiety, bouts of panic, thoughts that I will not live.I wish I could meet with you all.
I agree I also do a lot of praying. I have two little grandsons I take care of daily. A little 17month old granddaughter in La. That I want very much to watch grow up. I also have a 17 year old granddaughter . I'm 53 also loving the new things I've been learning & seeing in my life right now. I home school the boys & I love it I have actually been learning things my self. It wasn't very exciting in school didn't really think things were interesting older it is very much so. I'm enjoying being here for them & seeing their little faces glow with excitement as they learn every day. I pray my heart will go back to normal rhythm & stays strong enough for me to be at their weddings. I want to live a long life. I pray I can shake this fear of dying.
Linda
Amen to the spouse & family being or showing concern. I know what you mean.they do not understand how this changes you at all!!!
Linda
Hi there,

I have had palpitations for a few years but they have only become bothersome in the last few months. For the last three months I have been waiting for a letter to go and see a cardiologist and my life has fallen apart in these three months. I barely made it through my last term at college and haven't felt genuinely happy since January because I am so scared. It's nice to read of other people's experiences even though I wish none of us had these problems.

Both of my parents have palpitations and have checked out fine with their hearts. I have a history of anxiety disorder so my GP says that is what is causing these - I wasn't taken seriously at all which makes me feel very alone. I know I am very stressed at the moment but just having my heart checked would help so much but doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon - I keep getting bunked down the waiting list.
I feel you..I feel the same way too and it makes me stressed out every once in a while.
Mine have been extremely helped by chamomile and taking measures to aid my adrenals.  I would suggest doing what I have done, and consult a good Chiropractor or Naturopath who works with Standard Process products.  Adrenal supplementation and nutritional support made all the difference for me.  As well getting off all Caffeine.
My PVCs have increased to 10 - 20 a minute in the last month or so. Previously I Had just a couple per minute. I see the Cardiologist every six months and he tells me not to worry. Have had lots of different tests - none pointing to any abnormalities. PVCs started about three years ago.

I have an artificial aortic heart valve (2006), walk an average of 15,000 steps a day, do 45 minutes of aquafit five days a week. I am 68 years old. I think I will try eating two bananas a day and the C0Q10 supplement.

It is hard to ignore them!!!!!!!!!
Four days later....

I am taking one 150mg Cox10 a day, eat a banana in the morning and at night, a silver formula one a day vitamin in the morning and night for calcium and potassium and drink water every time I pee.

My PVCs have gone down DRAMATICALLY with long periods of none at all. Will keep this up and report later :) ...
Six days later...

I have not felt any PVCs today (I may have had some unfelt ones :)  ). This is from thousands a day! Not sure if it is the CoX10, the two bananas a day, the two one a day vitamins or drinking water every time I pee.

Then again maybe it is psychological and all in my head but regardless it is working. My wife has always thought I was a bit strange and weird hee, hee, hee.

Life is good!
December 04

I have had ZERO PVCs from thousands a day this week. Again, not sure if it is the 150 MgCoX10 capsule I take every day, the two bananas a day, the two one a day vitamins or drinking water every time I pee.

I feel fantastic!!!!
Congratulations!
December 14

Still no PVCs!!!!

Hard to believe after 1000's a day ...
I went to the ER last week and was admitted to the hospital. I had been experiencing these thuds in my chest and they turned out to be pvc's. I am having roughly 10 per minute but none when i am sleeping or when my heart goes over 110 bp. I was have quit drinking coffee and changed my diet. My doctor did put me on low dose apirin and 25 mg of metoprolol per day until i have more tests done. I can honestly say that i do feel better since ive been eating healthier.  I am taking a multi vit. and i will start the CoQ10 supplements. I am glad that i am not the only one with this condition. Good luck to you all.
Update:

Today is March 3, 2015.

I had to stop taking the CoQ10s after four weeks because they were interfering with the Warfarin I am taking * HOWEVER * my PVCs have NOT returned (after 1000s a day prior to taking CoQ10s).

I am so happy and keeping my fingers crossed! My family doctor is mystified. Seeing my cardiologist end of April for my annual check-up...
This is my first time to respond to a comment on the internet and am doing so because I might have interesting information to add. I will be 60 this year & have had PVC's since I was 19 or 20. Was diagnosed around 35. They can be terrifying at times still. I have an anxiety disorder however the PVC's don't always occur during times of high anxiety. Anxiety medication does help limit the no of PVC's & definitely helps with the fear. I prefer Clonipin. Regular alcohol intake including wine increases the frequency of them but often they occur for no particular reason. A wonderful cardiologist explained this to me: They are not actually extra beats but a normally ordered beat occurring too soon. like this: |  |  |  ||     | . Beat, Beat, Beat. Beat then a beat too soon. The heart resets itself & the following beat comes at the right time. When the early beat comes very close to the previous beat the valve is shut longer until the next normal beat & when it opens to release blood it causes a thud which we have all felt if we are aware of our PVC's. You literally feel your heart stopping & that is the frightening part because you don't know if its going to beat again. But it does. Often lightheadedness occurs & you feel like your going to faint but you don't. The closer the early beat comes to the previous beat the more it is felt and the more frightening it is. Mine arrive immediately while for some they are paced further apart therefore the valve isn't shut as long. I am convinced after nearly 40 years of living with them, they are as harmless as the doctors say. They just are nearly impossible to ignore.  Good luck & be blessed.
Thank for this comment. I am 35 and Have about 30 pvc;s a day. Im wearing an event monitor again because of my fear of these. Its great to know that Im not alone. My doctor just called and said they are harmless and spent a lot of time reassuring me. It ***** tho just feeling them and worrying.
Hello, I have had stress Anxiety all my life. I have had the skipped beats and fluttering feelings off and on since I can remember. Well I will be 50 next month and a few days ago I started having them which feels like at times constantly. I have Mitral valve prolapse and take Metetoporol and Cloniphin for anxiety for about 20 years now. I went to the ER a few nights ago and they said they were PVCs. Well I was in my Drs office the next morning. In the last 3 days I have had 2 normal EKGs but the heart monitor at the ER detected the PVCs. I was referred to cardiology and next week they are going to do an Echocardiogram and put a Monitor on me to wear for 30 days. All three-day that listened to my heart didn't detect it. I have them like right after they stop listening. This is driving me nuts. My Anxiety is so bad anyway and now it's worse.
I have been having these for about 2 years now. Began to get bad when I was having gall bladder issues also. It was found that on average I have about 4000 extra beats per day. They drove me crazy. I am currently taking Flecainide 50 mg twice daily and that has almost completely eliminated them. Only side effect I have had is occasionaly dizzy spells which is normal. I also found out that artificial sweeteners like Sucrolose and aspartame are major triggers. I would drink a diet coke or crystal light and have them worse than ever. Too much sugar and alcohol cause them too I've noticed.
I'm 2, premed & get PVCs--especially when anxious. Ironic, huh? College, exams, dating-- they all get to me. So...Had echo, ECG, all normal. Cardiologist said some ppl are just prone to "hyper arousal" & become "adenalized" quickly. (That's me). This causes the pacemaker nodes in the upper chamber to fire prematurely--what you feel as a palpatation is kind of a "catch up" beat. He also told me PVCs are usually benign (in the absence of heart problems) if they tend to GO AWAY with exercise. Mine always do. The thing that's more important are recovery PVCs post exercise. You shouldn't get a lot of them. But they're still usually meaningless--except scary for ppl. Chill.
My post says I'm "2"-- meant to say 20!
I actually just left the hospital a little bit ago for this issue. I used to have them on and off, but they have continually gotten worse to the point to where I cannot function normally on a daily basis. At the hospital, they said I am having 32pcvs per minute. Which is about 1900/hr 46000/per day. I have them all day long, even when I sleep, and at times it is so bad it wakes me up at night. I constantly feel like I cannot breathe, which is probably my anxiety kicking in with it. I cannot do any type of physical activity, as it makes it 100 times worse. I can just be laying on bes relaxing all day, and they will start and go for hours for no reason, and even thought I didnt do anything, by the time they stop, I feel so exhausted and weak. I get dizzy spells all of the time, blurred vision, then when I try to walk I am off balance. These along with my anxiety have completely taken my life over. I cannot have one good day, because they come all day long everyday now. The doctor at the ER said pcv and anxiety will play on one another, your pcv will trigger your anxiety, and your anxiety will trigger your pcv. It is just a never ending circle. I just bawled my eyes out on the way home, because I do not want to live like this anymore, I just want to be normal and be able to do everything I want to do.