Heart Disease Community

I need and answer my dr. isnt being very clear

OK my Dr put me on these medications  Hydrochlorothiazide/Spironolactone and having me weigh my self daily and i am wondering whats going on... I know i should ask more questions but Dr.s kind of intimidate me!!!! I know my creatinine is 1.33 and my gfr is 53 what ever that means grrrrrrr......... i'm confused
COMMUNITY LEADER
GFR stands for glomerular filtration rate and is a measurement of your kidney function and is typically not an issue unless it falls under 30. The two meds you are on are both diuretics designed to pull water from you fluid load. Are you experiencing some kind of fluid build up like edema in your legs or feet?

Jon