Heart Disease Forum

Inderal for migraines vs. Toprol XL

Posted By judy on June 02, 1999 at 11:03:48
I have been taking 80 mg. of Inderal every night for about 10 years to help reduce frequency and severity in my migraines.  Recently, for about six months my dr. increased my dosage to 160 mg. every night.  Then I had to change dr.'s due to insurance purposes.  My new dr. took me off of Inderal and put me on 100 mg. of Toprol XL tabs every night.  Was it wise to just stop the Inderal and start the Toprol?  I have been feeling kind of weird but I am not sure if this is the reason. (Feeling weird is no unusal for me).  Should I worry?
Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Re: Inderal for migraines vs. Toprol XL CCF CARDIO MD - DLB 6/02/1999
(0)

Re: Inderal for migraines vs. Toprol XL p.s. from judy 6/02/1999
(1)

Inderal for migraines vs. Toprol XL CCF CARDIO MD - DLB 6/02/1999
(0)

Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.