Heart Disease Community

Irregular heartbeat PVC and how I fixed them

Hi all.

If you have PVC's, you'll know how the symptoms can begin to affect your daily life.  I experience anywhere from 100 to 800 PVC's each day and can get pretty depressed some days.

Since 2004 I've been on numerous prescribed medicines, stopped coffee, cigarettes and alcohol and sex (just kidding), all in an effort to reduce or remove the symptoms of PVC's.

I don't want to get my hopes up but 2 days ago I went to the chemist(drug store) and bought some vitamins from the health section. One of the supplements I choose was coenzyme q10  (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coenzyme_Q10)

I've taken these for the past two days and my symptoms have disappeared!  I have had ZERO PVC's since Thursday.

Coenzyme Q10 is simply a vitamin supplement and readily available over the counter.  

As I am not a medical specialist I cannot recommend this as a treatment, but if anyone can ask their doctor and then try this I would be VERY interested to know if this has any affect on their symptoms.

I look forward to hearing back from fellow PVC sufferers to hear if this is cure that works for others.

I'm willing to try it!  How much Coenzyme Q-10 do you take per day?
There was a choice of 30mg or 60mg, I chose the 30mg and am taking 1 tab - 3 times a day
I tried it and it didn't work for me.  I am too desperate to find a way to get rid of these.
Despite taking CoQ10 150 mg/d I was having frequent pvc's - sometimes at the rate of one or two per minute. I found that taking 2 calcium/magnesium pills per day (1000 mg calcium/250 mg magnesium) helped slow these considerably.

I have a significant load of calcium in my coronary arteries - this may have something to do with causing the pvcs.

By the way, several years ago I found that I get pvc's when I become dehydrated. Drinking more fluids solved this (for a time at least).  
Hi Carrie,
That sux that it doesn't work for you. How long did you take it for, what other medication / suppliments where you taking??

I'm sure you've tried many things, one way I deal with PVC's when they get really bad is to do some breathing excersises, these really do help.  http://www.dartmouth.edu/~acskills/docs/deep_breathing.doc

Does Coenzyme Q10 Help PVC'z?

1 x Yes, fixed them completely.
1 x No, didn't work for me.
Hi Aaron.  I took it for probably 6 months or so hoping that it woul get rid of my PVC's but no no avail.  I have tried everything but just can't get rid of them.  I wish there was some magic pill that a person could take and I would take it.  I have been on beta-blockers as well but it still didn't stop the PVC's.  It may have stopped the fast runs of NSVT and SVT but I still had the PVC's.

I am currently taking Ciprilex for my anxiety about my heart (10 mg) a day.  I still get the weird beating around every day but the Ciprilex has taken the edge off.  I am totally obsessed with my heart and the weird beats it does it has just taken too much of a toll on my life to try not to get a handle on it.

The EP doctor I saw said that the beats were no big deal but my reaction to beats was the big deal so I am trying to deal with that.  

I have read about the magnesium/potassium imbalances as well but I haven't tried taking it.  I do however take a multi-vitamin but it doesn't seem to make a heck of a lof of difference either.