Aa
A
A
Close

Irregular heartbeat after pulmonary embolism

I had ACL and meniscus repair on 10-11-06.  I woke up with hearing loss in the recovery room that getting worse gradually.  On 10-16-06 I was taken to the ER for a L pulmonary embolism with a pulmonary infarction. After the PE I have had L sided CP with inspiration and SOB with and without exersion.  All pulmonary tests came back normal.  I had an echo performed in July of this year that showed left ventricular dysfunction and tricuspid regurgitation.  Proceded to have a nuclear stress test done with normal findings.  I have had irregular heartbeats with some periods of what feels like arrythmia that lasts 5-7 seconds.  The chest pains feel as if they have two points of origin.  The left lateral CP is pleuritic from the infarcted area but the midline pain/pressure I'm not sure.  My cardiologist says all heart test are normal and I am cardiovascularly able to return to my duties as a firefighter.  When I question the pain/pressure he says he is not concerned due to the fact that the pain sometimes occurs without exersion.  The cardiologist says that the left ventricular dysfunction was a misdiagnosis from the echo and that my heart appears fine.  My question is can a pulmonary embolism potentially cause left ventricular dysfunction?  While walking at 1mph on the treadmill for the nuclear stress test, I experienced CP,SOB,diaphoresis and lightheadedness.  Is this also within "normal" limits?  Thanks  

Read more
Cancel
Follow
Upvote - 0
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Heart Disease Community Resources
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1499916784
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Blank