Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.2k Members

Is it possible?

Is it possile that after taking 10mg of coumadin for 8 years for dvt's in both legs to develop a heart blockage?
3 Responses
159619 tn?1538180937
COMMUNITY LEADER
Coumadin will make your blood thinner and less likely to clot which would have the same effect of taking an aspirin everyday, only stronger. It will not keep plaques from forming in your arteries, but in the event a vulnerable plaque ruptures it would help prevent a clot from forming and causing a blockage and the resulting heart attack to some degree.

Jon
So if  I am short of breath when doing physical activity and the Hct (fluid Pill) does not feel like it is working and I have pains in my left arm and excrutiating headaches and neck pain. What should I ask the doctor to check for. My blood pressure stays between moderate to low and my oxygen levels register ok. I would like to know what to do because I do not think this to be normal due to the fact I am only 39. Ifeel like the doctor must think that I am crazy. These episodes continue on a daily basis.
159619 tn?1538180937
COMMUNITY LEADER
Dvt's increases your risk for heart disease. If you are having the symptoms you're describing on exertion you need to tell a doctor ASAP.  They will most likely start with a stress test, preferably a nuclear stress test to look for signs of heart disease.

I would do this sooner than later.

Good luck,

Jon
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538180937
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.