Is smelling a weird smell heart-related?

Whenever I am working out, after 30 minutes I start smelling a weird odor that kind of smells just like the shampoo, head & shoulders.  It feels strong but it goes away after a few hours.  I will say that at the same timeI am smelling this, I feel as if my heart rate is accelerating.  I am a 34 (almost 35 ) year old female & weigh 145.  Do you think this is heart related?  
Any response by a medical professional is appreciated.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Are you diabetic ? Are you loosing weight? Have you glucose level been tested?

You can go into ketone acidosis that produces a particular odor in your breath.
If I understand it properly, it is due to lack of insulin or glucose in your body and then the fats start burning producing acetonic sun-products which I think it is NOT healthy.

Jesus
Helpful - 0
Nothing is pointless in life or everything :))
Helpful - 0
what a pointless post LMAO !!
Helpful - 0
Do you or anybody around you uses head & shoulders shampoo? If not it is very interesting what you just said. I sometimes smell things those not even around me,  it is coming from our memories.  You  too might have great imagination, probably that’s all.
Helpful - 0
I have heard of temporarily losing the sense of smell during a workout, but drinking some water will revitalize. The underlying cause can be some dehydration and salt imbalance.  

Thanks for your question.

Ken
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Community