Ischemia Question

I keep asking this same question.  I was recently admitted for Atrial Fibrillation, which was converted chemically ( Flecainide and Diltiazem ).  I was put on a holter, and then after a chemical stress test ( this cardiologist only gives  chemical tests ) I was told that I had "reversible ischemia" and he advised me to have a hearth catheterization.  However since I do not have health insurance ( I was dropped by my provider ) so he said "we can continue to treat it with medication, and see how it goes".  He said little else. He said I could go back to my normal activities, and "not to worry".  He then changed my dilziatem to Toprol, but kept me on the Flecainide.  I was given a echo in the hospital.  The results of that said my heart was healthy.  Likewise the Holter showed no abnormalities.  

I have two concerns.  First I was being treated for Afib.  Then after the stress test, I am told I am being treated for ischemia.  Is the ischemia causing the Afib?  Is there a dire need for a catheterization, and possible further actions?  If they think I may have arterial blockage why are they giving me Flecainide, I have read that this is not advised?  Wouldn't the holter show any abnormalities such as Ischemia? He seems to be making all of his judgement around that stress test.

I was up until this time, a healthy active 61 year old.  I am a gardener by profession which involves fairly strenuous work.  I had no other symptoms other than a sole episode of Afib.  I walk two to three miles every morning, with no shortness of breath or chest pain.  Now I am told I need a catheterization to "correct" the problem.  
I am not overweight, however my cholesterol levels are somewhat high.  HDL 37 Triglycerides 183 LDL 137 VLDL 37  These were my test results in April, before this all happened. I really do not know how high these are. My GP did not think it necessary to put me on cholesterol medication at the time.

I am currently taking aspirin 325 mg as well as Simivastatin 20mg daily for the cholesterol. (Cardiologists instructions ) I am scheduled to see him again in Mid September and this time he has not ordered any new bloodwork.  I find this strange, since he did put me on Simivistatin.  Would he not want to know if anything had changed?  I am seriously thinking of looking for a different cardiologist.  This doctor was the one assigned by the emergency room.  He has only been practicing medicine for three years.  Should I be conerned?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0