A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.2k Members
280234 tn?1532986249

Knot on friend's hand...

Hi, while at my friend's house today, she told me that her BP was high... It was about 154/97. She said it has been running really high, and that she is on 300 mg of BP medicine daily. She said that she had been upset over a situation in  her life this week. She also said that she noticed a lump suddenly appear on her hand today out of no where, & it was slightly painful. She showed it to me, and it looked like a marble under her skin and was kinda blue. I told her she should probably go in & see her doctor soon to get it checked out. Any ideas as to what this might be? I was wondering if she may have been in danger of having a stroke or something... Thanks....
1 Responses
187666 tn?1331173345
Sounds like a hematoma - a collection of blood under the skin. She may have simply got it from bumping her hand, hit a blood vessel just right and it bled under the skin. It will be tender. But like a bruise, it will gradually break down and heal.

The stress isn't helping her BP any, I'm sure, but life hands us rough times. I hope she stays on the medication. It takes time to work.
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538180937
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.