Heart Disease Forum

Left Anterior Fascicular Block

I am a 38 year old male, 5'11, 192lbs., last BP 130/92. I recently had an ECG which noted "Left Anterior Fascicular Block" (QRS -45 degrees). I also have the following symptoms and history, and would like a general opinion about a possible relationship between symptoms:
-some shortness of breath (chronic, mild drowning sensation) and inability to clear a yawn (takes about 3-4 tries to get a good yawn), and frequent feeling of need to yawn
-Anisochoria (left pupil larger than right, and is almost double the diameter when I'm under stress)
-I have infrequent migraine headaches (no headache to speak of, just visual disruption)
-I had an auto accident several years ago and suffered whiplash (had headaches, neck pain and stiffness for over a year after accident)

Is there a common nerve pathway that could tie any of these symptoms together? Could I possibly have compression to a nerve that was caused by the car accident?

I am scheduled to have a stress test in late June, but would like to know if I should be concerned about the ECG.
Hi SSTu,

The first symptoms of shortness of breath and yawning is associated with anxiety. We people get very nervous and their vagal nerve tone increases, yawning is your bodies response to decrease the tone.  Axienty can also cause tension headaches.

People your age usually do not develop left anterior fascicular block and I agree with the stress test, although it is very likely to be normal.  

I do not know a nerve pathway that could explain all of these symptoms.

I hope this helps answer your questions.
A related discussion, Heart was started.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.