Left chest pain

Hi everyone. I have been experiencing very mild pain (more like an ache) in the left side of my chest. Now i dont know if this has to do with my heart or something else. This pain is very very mild but definetly noticable. It happens throughout the day and it comes and goes. It also happens when i am laying down at night sometimes. This has been going on now for about 2 months. I do notice that it gets worse if i drink over 6 beers a night. The next day the pain will be much more noticable and prevalent. Anyone have any ideas what this could be? I am a 21 year old male. Thanks.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I get the same thing..Mild left chest pain that comes and goes. I've talked to my Dr. about it and was told that it was just anxiety. That was before I wore a holter monitor and they picked up that my heart rate gets up to 210 bpm! So, now I am seeing a cardiologist. just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse, then call the Dr. any shortness of breath or palpitations should be reported too.. Always take these symptoms seriously because you never know!
(Drinking the beer probably doesn't help, you should probably cut back because that has alot to do with it..)
Helpful - 0
maybe muscle pain?
Helpful - 0
mine is on the left side under armpit and around to shoulderblade  (all rib area) i take an advil and rub some bengay on it and seems to help a little, but when i try to inhale it is very painful. i was also wondering if anyone had an idea about it.
Helpful - 0
I will have to agree with sweatpea117 on this one. Keep a close eye on it and make sure it dont get worse or you start to have other symptoms.
Helpful - 0
The pain probably gets worse while drinking beer because it is a carbonated drink, it also can get worse when you lay down after you eat. If you press on your chest when it is happening and it hurts, that means it is propaly just the chest wall not the heart,
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Community