Heart Disease Community

Loss of taste.

I am 5 years post LAD cardiac stent placement. I take Crestor, Zetia,   and Metopranol to manage hypertension and, hypercholesterolemia and Clopidogrel to prevent platelet aggregation.
Two years ago I developed Menier's disease with hearing loss and tinnitus. Cause "unknown". Six months ago over a two week period I lost my sense of taste. A trial off Crestor = no change. The neurologist recommends that I stop Metopranol and substitute propranolol. As propranolol is less of an antihypertensive and used to treat anxiety with more side effects (including severe depression), I am reluctant to change. 1. Any one with experience with taste loss (dysgeusia) and Metopranol? 2. Would a switch to carvedilol (Coreg) nebivolol (Bystolic) be more advised or do all the beta blockers have the same side effects?
You may want to try and post your question in the heart disease section.  You may get a better response there as opposed to the heart rhythm section that generally deals with arrhythmia issues.  Take care.  I hope you feel better soon.