A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.2k Members

My Dad's Angiography report is as follows, please guide me

Age               59

LMS              Normal

LAD              Diffuse severe disease in mid segment. Diagonal branch has severe osteal disease.

LCx               Normal, Major OM branch has moderate proximal disease.

RCA              Dominant. Mild disease in proximal and distal segment. PDA has critical disease at Ostium and         severe disease in mid course.

LV Angio        Fair LV function.

Diagnosis      TVCAD with fair LV function.

Advice           Surgical Opinion.

We went and to doc for angiography and angioplasty but the doc didn't perform angioplasty after angiography and told us to consult a surgeon. Please help me to understand the severity of his disease and what are the possible treatments. My dad gone through echo, and thallium scan test as well as other necessary tests please let me know if reports for those are required. Please HELP!
1 Responses
11548417 tn?1506080564
Your dad suffers from stenosis in all three major coronary arteries.
Further, the stenosis extends over longer distances and at multiple positions per artery.

There are at least 5 positions where intervention really is required.
If at all possible, it would require many stents to restore the blood flow in the heart.

In my opinion, CBAG is the better option here.
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538180937
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.