Heart Disease Community

Need reassurance

Hi, I'm 16 years old and I have had 3 open heart surgeries. I was born with transposition. I have had my aortic valve replaced twice. Last one was when I was 13, so 3 years in may. I have also had bypass done at 7 and I have a stent in my coronary artery. So what I'm trying to get to is, is there a chance that I shouldn't have to have another surgery? Let me remind that the valve I have is a human donor valve and it is adult sized. Is there a chance to live a normal life as long as I eat right and exercise. I just need some assurance on this subject so I don't have to worry about it. Thank you very much in advance for feedback.
Many people in your same situation lead totally normal lives. Having said that, you really should ask your pediatric cardiologist this question. I have no way of knowing if there are any other health issues going on which could have an affect on how you will live. talk to your parents as well as i am sure your doctors have given them a prognosis on you. take care