Orthostatic hypotension

Are there any centers/hospitals on the East Coast that specialize in treating orthostatic hypotension, preferably in or near Maryland?

Also, what underlying conditions should be eliminated before deciding that the only treatment is lifestyle changes?

Thanks!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The first obvious condition is dehydration.  I would also rule out eating disorders.  How low does the BP go?
Helpful - 0
Do you strictly have orthostatic hypotension or do you have POTS? I know some things that are recommended are a high sodium diet to encourage fluid retention and also wearing support hose up to the waist.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Community