Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.1k Members

PVC

Does anyone know why a person can only have a few skips throughout the day and then when they got to bed at night their heart can start totally irregular???  I hate the feeling.  I get a few skips in the day and then whamo when I go to bed at night it starts skipping every second or third beat or just going irregular.
9 Responses
I get that too, sometimes. I did last night after days and days of no PVC's. It usually happens when I lay down and then THINK about it. Like... "Hmm... no pvc's" and that can normally bring them on.
Also, I am thinking it may have something to do with what side you're laying on. If I lay on my left, it brings them on. On my right or on my belly, they go away... on my back 50/50- depends. Try that too. It helped me a lot.
Funny you should say that.  I always think about them whey I lay down as well.  I don't know if just the thought in my head will make them start.  That is so strange huh.  I really hate laying down now because I know it will start skipping.
Just my guess; I've noticed for example that when I'm driving I seldom feel them because of the road bouncing of my car; or if I'm to busy doing work around the house I fail to notice them.  At night we notice them more because we have nothing to distract us; so they invade and take possession of our hearts and minds.  I'm taking a anti-anxiety pill called Klonopin with some limited success.  But in the end we have them all the time.  A couple of weeks ago I were a Holter Monitor and after looking at the results I see they whacked me both day and night.
It IS quieter at night... so it would make it more noticable. But if I'm tired, and I just go to sleep, I don't notice them. I really do think I can "think" them into being.

Also, I am on Atenolol and it has done wonders. No caffeine. EVER of any sort... that has helped as well. I have maybe 10 PVC's a day, down from thousands.
Hi Carrie.Yes I get that too.As Duk said it is worse on my left side or lying flat on my back. Sometimes I use three pillows and sit up until I'm so tired I just drop off. This works quite well.However I can wake up around 2-3am and they start again.I usually get up and sit on the settee and put on some soft music-I try to stay awake for a while and usually they ease off.They seem to be worse in me just as I wake or just as I am dropping off-what a pain!
Best Wishes - I feel for all of you..
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.