Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.1k Members

Post MI hypothyroidism and PVC

I am 60 year old male.Underwent Angioplasty LCX  in 1993 & Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) in 2002. I developed Hypothyroidism (TSH 125) after 2 months of treatment with Amiadrone 100 mg once daily. As per cardiologist advice i stopped amiadrone and started taking thyroxine 25 mg once daily. But i developed excess premature ventricular contraction(PVC) 18-20 per minute with many couplets and few triplets. Now my hypothyroidism is stable(TSH-5.4) but I am also having asthma and using inhaler (budamet) for last 5-6 years. I tried beta blockers( carvedilol and metoprolol ) for my pvc but was not able to tolerate even the minimum dose of beta blockers. Please suggest what should I do to control PVC with many couplets and triplets. My Cardiologist now suggesting me to  take amiadrone for my PVC and thyroxine for my hypothyroidism. Presently I am taking  Losartus-50 mg twice daily, Simvastatin- 10 mg once daily, aspirin-75 mg once daily, monotrate 10 mg twice daily. Torsemide 5 mg once daily and thyroxine 25 mg once daily. My blood pressure and cholesterol level is within normal. Pulse is irregular 70-80 per minute ejection fraction is 35-40 % with akinesia in posterior basal mycardium. Stress thallium shows no ischemia. Please advise.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.