Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Question about Medication and infertility in men

I have been on Zestoretic for about 1 year now and I was wondering if the medication can have any effect on male fertility?  We had no problem getting pregnant with our first and have not been able to conceive in the last year.  It isn't on my wife's side..she has been checked out and someone said the antihypertensives can cause problems.  Thank you for you time.
1 Responses
238671 tn?1189759432
The medication you are on would not be expected to cause infertility. Antihypertensive medications, including the one you are on, can cause erectile dysfunction (impotence) though. If this is the case, you should see your doctor about switching medications.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.