Avatar universal

See a cardiologist or no?

Moderate calcific atherosclerosis of the abdominal aorta, without aneurysmal dilatation

The above was an incidental finding off of a CT abdomen scan. My primary doctor said he would just follow up in a year. He did say, however, if I want to be referred he would do so. Last year it was mild this year it is moderate. Is this something that I should see a heart doctor for?
0 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Community

Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538180937
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.