Heart Disease Community

Should I be taking Metoprolol

I have had a quadruple bypass and now I have  INFEROLATERAL ISCHEMIA.
My Dr. has me taking Metoprolol but I gain a lot of water from It. My legs , arms, hands swell where I can barely move them. I can gain ten pounds in a week when I am on the medicine.
Should I be on this Medicine and with all this extra water is It good for my Heart ?
Thanks ...
It is possible that your fluid retention (edema) is caused by the metoprolol. It could also have other causes. Fluid retention is not good and this problem should be taken care of.
Whatever the cause, you should contact your doctor.