Heart Disease Community

Should have carotid/PAD check before stress test?

RE:  A Thalium Stress Test for someone who has a) multiple health issues b) various risk factors for cardiovascular disease c) does not excercise due to chronic pain from past injuries and d) very overweight.
1) Is there any reason to get a carotid and/or PAD ultrasound BEFORE the stress test?
2) Could there be any serious risks from the test?

Thanks in advance for any help!

First of all, I am not a doctor therefore my opinion should not be taken seriously.  Always consult with your primary care provider about your medical issues.  Having said that, if I were you, I would consult with my Dr. and weigh my options and figure out which way to go.  If money is not an issue I would do a complete overall of my cardio-vascular health through the relevant tests.
I wish you all the best and I will be praying for your improved health.