Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.1k Members

Stents in med's by-pass??

In June of 07 I had 4 stents put in to my right artery, and then in Oct. of 07 I had 3 additional stents in the same artery.  I had 4 cauterizations in one year.
My medications are -
Plavix-75 mg, toprol-50mg, norvasc-5mg, indur-60mg, Altace ramipril-2.5ml, crestor-10mg, ecotrin-325mg, omega,
As of today I was put on ranexa-500mg 2 times a day.
My problem is I still get chest pressure with exertion and shortness of breath. I also experience a heat build up in my body at various times in the day or night
I was diagnosed with heart disease and angina.  My question is if any of the above mentioned medications could cause these symptoms or if my next direction should be by-pass surgery..
1 Responses
generally njtony, the meds you're on are to treat heart disease and angina.  i'm not a doc, but am pretty surprised about the amount of "steel" they've dropped into you.  It doesn't look like they are being very agressive with Crestor.

sometimes it takes time to get the proper mix of medications--it took over a year to control my unstable angina.  if i were you, i'd another opinion, and/or have a serious sitdown with your cardiologist.
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.