Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.2k Members

Stents vs CABG

I had a heart attack in 2009 and was life flighted to the Tx Medical Ctr.  I was evaluated by an excellent group of doctors, debating intervention or invasion.  The surgeons performed CABG X 3.  Quick recovery, but never experienced lack of chest pain when exercising, which was noted for 2 years in my follow ups.  Just had a cardiac cath and 3 stents were placed.  Original CABG: 1 non performing, 1 compromised, 1 ok.  Should I have been consulted before stent placement to evaluate whether another CABG was indicated?
1 Responses
976897 tn?1379167602
You should have signed a consent form before the angio procedure and it should have stated that intervention will be done where seen as necessary. I have signed several. Some have said images only, others have said stents will be placed if required.
If your bypass conduits have failed so soon after surgery, you are usually classed as not really viable for bypass surgery. Mine failed after 3 months, they have no idea why 2 veins shut down, but it just happens with some people. If you had another bypass, it would probably have failed again soon after.
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538180937
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.