A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.2k Members

Stress myocardial perfusion

My dad underwent myocardial perfusion and got the following results:
The gated images, acquired at rest, reveal hypokinesia of the inferior wall as well as apical and septal akinesia.
Estimated LVEF at rest is 47%.
Stress myocardial perfusion study is suggestive of a moderate sized apical and basal septal infarct, with reversible ischaemia of the inferior wall, which is moderate in severity and extent.

Please explain to me, in laymans terms, what these mean. My dad is 54.
1 Responses
976897 tn?1379167602
Hi, I think there are two distinct problems here. They are saying there has been a heart attack which has cause irreversible muscle damage. I think from the location of the tissue death, his Left Anterior Descending artery is blocked, totally. They are saying that the muscle at the back of the heart is lacking Oxygen too, but this is reversible, probably with stenting. I would think this is the Circumflex Artery with a substantial blockage, but not total. Opening this artery should increase his LVEF a bit from 47 %.  Normal is 50-75%.
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538180937
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.