Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Symptoms Two Nights Ago

Hello-
I am 39yrs old and basically healthy. Two nights ago I woke up
with blurred vision and my whole body but especially my right arm was throbbing.  I thought maybe it was a reaction to another medication i started taking for an unrelated illness on saturday.
I spoke to my doctor and he said it wasn't a typical reaction.
Today i still feel a king of rubbery feeling in my left arm and wonder if I am overreacting or having a mini-stroke or something!
Three years ago i did have pressure in my chest and went through tests-echocardiogram and holter monitor. They only said that i had a superventricular tachycardia and that my heart beat slows way down when i sleep.  I guess the  tachycardia is kind of common and is pretty benign.   I am just wondering these symptoms are anything to worry about or just some kind of reaction? Thanks for your feeback.
1 Responses
238671 tn?1189759432
Dear Doris

It is difficult to say exactly what is going on. It is normal for heart rates to get lower during sleep. However, I would not say that supraventricular tachycardia is normal. If your arm feels weak or numb, this could certainly be a sign of stroke or mini-stroke and you should seek emergency medical attention. Certain tachycardias do predispose to stroke.

I hope this has been useful. I wish you the best of luck. Feel free to write back.

Information provided here is for general purposes only. Specific questions should be addressed to your own doctor. If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter. The Heart Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.