Three children with same defect

I have four kids my first son was born healthy. My second child was born with a VSD and it closed up on its own by a year old. My third child (different dad than the first two) was born with a VSD and a ASD and went through heart failure had to have surgery at 2 months old. I am now expecting our fourth child (second together) and just found out that he also has a VSD and they wont know how bad it is until he is born. I just want to know why three of my kids have had it and what exactly how much the risk goes up with each child.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
It is not possible to answer your question with any certainty without providing much more information. There certainly may be a genetic or familial component to frequency of ventricular septal defect (VSD) in your children. I suggest you discuss with a physician who can provide the appropriate genetic counselling.
My third child that went through heart failure has had a genetic work up done on her because of other health issues and nothing was found...