Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.1k Members

Weight lift after stent

In 2014 I had a minor heart attack. They put me a stent into my 1/3 LAD.
After that I have done 2 stress test with 12 MET and any problems with heart..
I had also 3 echogram. second and last one show that there is no visible damage on my heart.
After one year I went in gym to practice some "easy" body building (weight lifting).
I take simvastatin , emezetibe and aspirin 100mg..
I'am active 4 day/week (running, wights, aerobics)...

What you think? It's ok to practice weight lift?

4 Responses
976897 tn?1379171202
If there is definitely no damage to your heart then yes
11548417 tn?1506084164
People with high blood pressure are more likely to develop coronary artery disease, because high blood pressure puts added force against the artery walls. Over time, this extra pressure can damage the arteries, making them more vulnerable to the narrowing and plaque buildup associated with atherosclerosis.

Weightlifting can cause a temporary increase in blood pressure. This increase can be dramatic, depending on how much weight you lift. But, weightlifting can also have long-term benefits to blood pressure that outweigh the risk of a temporary spike for most people.

So, I think it is not the stent that should keep you away from weightlifting but possibly your bp might. You do not mention your bp, but if it is already above normal levels, you should be careful.lifting heavy weights.
976897 tn?1379171202
He didnt list any bp meds so I assume the cardiologist is happy with his blood pressure.
Blood pressure is in the limits 137/75 hearth rate is in the morning from 55-65 bpm.. I don't take any medication to lower blood pressure.. I have only problems with high cholesterole but now I'am taking enegy 10/20 pils.. the only problem i notice is that this pills make me weak and tired.. I will talk with doctor if he can descirbe me lower dose of statins...
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.