Heart Disease Forum

What are the chances of abnormaility?

I've had my heart, lungs, etc listened to approximately 7 times over the past few months by three different doctors.  My blood pressure is always normal and the doctors never mention anything out of the ordinary, except that my heart is beating fast (usually because I'm so nervous).  My question is, what are the odds that I would have a problem with my heart or arteries given the above?  Would blood pressure and heart sounds (and complete blood workup) be normal in the case of something like a blood clot or blockage?

Thanks for your time.
Dear nonie,
This is difficult to answer.  Have you been having symptoms?  Have these symptoms been evaluated with other tests?  A normal physical exam does not exclude the possibility of heart problems but the lack of symptoms and no other findings would put you in a lower risk group.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.