Heart Disease Community

anxiety

half way down the page the "A" word was mentioned 30 times...........I didn't do a "panic" count.
Medhelp is in the process of forming a heart rhythm board.  Hopefully that will free up this board for heart disease discussions.  A lot of the questions do belong on the mental health board, though, I would agree - because they aren't really about arrhythmias, they're about anxiety and anxious response to stress.
"Medhelp is in the process of forming a heart rhythm board. " A lot of the questions do belong on the mental health board, though, I would agree - because they aren't really about arrhythmias,"

The formation of a heart rhythm board is not a solution from my perspective as an afib sufferer. Those of us with abnormal structure based arrhythmias (afib, wpw, anvrt, vt, etc.) will be overwhelmed on the new "heart rhythm" board by a gaggle of cardiac neurotics. I think what's really needed is the formation of a separate "PVCs, PACs and Anxiety" board.

Tony
People should also use the search tool. You will find that there are lots of questions similar and have many different responses. While I have some PVC questions myself, I don't ask very often and I have used the search and almost always found the answers there. There are also alot of anxiety forums out there for people who have anxiety related issues. Google… Google… Google… We should all try to use this board for its purpose. It can really help newly diagnosed people.
Stevie, I agree that the search tool is way underused, as the same questions are unnecessarily asked again and again and again.
is a true problem and i think it should be addressed no matter what forum its on, if its pac/pvc this is the forum it belongs on .
There are also other heart forums out there who have boards just for PVC's, just for angina, just for heart failure, just for heart attacks etc etvc. and the list goes on concerning the heart whether its benign or not.

The PVC board is with the "Heart board", and not the anxiety board, and nobody attacks other people's concern because they "only" have "benign" PVC's.  But like I said its a PVC board in itself, and everybody is in the same boat with mostly benign PVC's.

Lots of great ideas going here.  I agree that those people who suffer with serious arrythmias may get lost in a separte forum.  When I first began reading and posting to this Forum, in 2002 or 2003, the board entertained a myriad of cardiac related queries.  Today, its as though questions regarding pvcs, pacs and anxiety dominate a good number of the discussions.  That's not to say I don't understand the frustration associated with having ectopics...I absolutely do.

In many cases, posters have been examined and advised that the episodes are benign.  However, some still find it difficult to accept a benign diagnosis.  I agree that searching the archives is a great place to start. Then, if there is a new question, posting would be a great idea.  What about  a chat room/time for those who are looking for some extra TLC and a place to "talk" about coming to terms with a frustrating, benign (as determined by examination/testing) condition. Not sure.

While anxiety and cardiac anomalies are each medically important, treatment may be very different.  Just my personal opinion.  

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Anxiety "is a true problem and i think it should be addressed no matter what forum its on, if its pac/pvc this is the forum it belongs on ."

Unfortunately, the EP answering the questions on the new Heart Ryhthm Board likely isn't qualifed to deal with the subject of anxiety/cardiac neurosis.  He is an expert on the treatment of EP based arrhythmias. You'll just continue to have anxious (but basically heart healthy) patients talking to others with the same problem, reinforcing established phobias and neurosis. I've been posting on this and related heart boards for 4-5 years and I see many of the same hard core neurotics whining year and year.  Regrettably, many have made little improvement in dealing with their fears. They really should be posting on an anxiety board having a trained psychiatrist to answer a couple of questions daily and to provide treatment gudance and an occasional realty check for them.
Well said.  I hadn't thought about the EP who is answering the questions.  He/she will likely deal with LOTS of anxiety-based questions and a only a handful of serious rhythm disorders.  But, it might clear up this Forum for answering more non-anxiety related posts.  Guess we'll have to wait/see.

Hope you are doing well!  
connie
wow at your age you can still count ?
Va_tony that's interesting.  I've also been hanging around heart boards for many years and have seen the same thing you have: anxious folks reinforcing the anxiety in each other.  On the one hand, it's nice to have other anxious folks to relate to when one might otherwise not, but on the other hand, it seems to often not help at all, and in some cases just encourage wallowing.

I also think it's strange when anxious people are offended and angry when it's suggested that they seek help for the anxiety.  I wonder what the mechanism is behind that.
I would certainly hope you are making a joke regarding age, AGAIN.  You are not that far off from surfgirls age you know.  Time goes quickly.

Thanks to the powers that be for making the heart rythm board.  For the past week my heart has been wacking out wanting to beat everywhere but where it should.  Early retirement is right around the corner for us and that is stressing me to no end.  All will be resolved though and I can get back on track cardio wise.