A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.2k Members
343006 tn?1314450071

beta blocker /ace/ ccb's problems !!!

has anyone ever had long term - side effect or problems from taking a beta blocker too long of a time ?
Im reading they can cause symptoms of low blood sugar - and or dieabetes like symptoms . that sometimes confuse
doctors what is going on.

I am now getting off atenonlol beta blocker medication - due to adverse conditions and effects ! I think im allergic to the
medication. fact is all medications for high blood pressure .

the longest time I can stay on the meds is 15 to 21 days and even at this ,it drives me nuts with side effects and problems..  

im pretty well done with doctors and these idiot chemical medications that dont work !  and do more harm than good.

natural meds here I come !
1 Responses
758982 tn?1346452188
I have been on beta blockers since 1981 (160mg per day), and fortunately, they seem to be a good drug for my problems. I am also on Verapamil, a CCB, (200mg per day), plus digitalis.

I wish you the best of luck with natural meds! I do hope they give you relief from your problems! Let is know how they work for you... it would be nice to not be dependent on these silly chemicals. :)
Carolyn
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.