Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.1k Members

chest heat and dull ache

Hi,  I am very worried about my chest, breast, and shoulder pain on the right side.  I have a dull pain with heat from my breast chest and back of my shoulder straight across from my breast to back.  It gets worst and then it gets better.  Above my collarbone is very sensitive.  When I massage it the dull uncomfortable pain gets better.  I also have a lump on my neck that connects to the spot above the collarbone.  I have gone to the Dr.s but she said I have fibrosis.  Something about muscles.  Can anyone help... Please  I dont know what to do...
2 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The symptoms mentioned could be caused by cervical spondylosis. Some metabolic disorders like diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders are known to simulate these symptoms. Discuss these options with your consulting doctor, who will carry out blood tests and x rays to rule out these conditions. You seem to be very anxious and in pain, take OTC pain medications like Tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen. Try applying local analgesic creams. Place ice over the painful area every 1-2hrs for pain relief. Practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
If you ask me, I would go to another doctor, sooner is better. Go to someone who would order tests. Call some doctors up and explain it, or just walk in the emergency ,they cannot refuse you and say it is only the muscles , how would she know without running tests what it is?

My best to you.
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.