Heart Disease Community

during exercise my heart beat per min goes as high as 172 bpm

I am 51 years old and concerned that my hear bpm is too high.  The chart in the gym states that for my age my exercising heart beat should be 135 bpm.  Do you think that I should consult my GP?

This discussion is related to High Pulse Is this OK.
How long have you been going to the gym?  I know I can get my heart rate up to 180 within 15 minutes and I am 44.  You may have to cut back on that particular exercise. I know I cannot ride the bikes at the gym, but can use the weight lifting equipment for muscle building.