Heart Disease Community

exercise after stent placement

I am taking Metoprolol Tart 25 mg and I want to know if jogging to aid metabolism for weight loss is safe. I seem to tire easily and breathing is harder than it should be when working out.
Metoprolol is a beta blocker.  Drugs in the beta blocker class will act as a governor on your ability to exercise.  I would certainly contact your doctor to be certain your stent isn't aleady blocked, but I'd bet you are experiencing the effects of Metoprolol.  You will find that your heart rate will be lower than before.  Eventually, the effects on exercise should lessen.