heart attack?

Hi, im an 18 year old female I weigh about 160, my mother & sister has high blood pressure, other than that no family heart issues/attacks. For the past 4 days my left arm (upper) and my left coller bone has been aching, I wouldn't say pain.. its more like pulling a muscle feeling and also my left side of my neck, it can really feel it if I lean forward. And also ive been burping alot, and really bad indegestion last night that made me feel sick, but I always have indegestion, it runs in the family. Normal pulse in the 70s. No bad chest pains, just weird feelings.. I literally worry myself sick! I have bad anxiety & I have googled all my symptoms and they all say heart attack!!! I am so worried! can anybody help?!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Dear erikanikole85,

It is hard to give you an accurate diagnosis over the Internet without meeting you in person but  I can give you some helpful pointers.
You are extremely young for developing a serious heart condition. In addition, you do not describe any significant risk factors that is history of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, smoking, family history of premature heart disease.
With an absence of  any risk factors and your age, it is very unlikely that you suffer from a heart condition.
chest pain or chest discomfort can arise due to multiple conditions like lung related problems or food pipe related problems or musculoskeletal issues.
Reading the description of your symptoms, I suspect that the latter two are the  likely culprits in your case.
Regardless, if you continue to feel unwell, I suggest that you seek medical attention from your primary care doctor.

hope that helps

CCFHeartMD19
Helpful - 1
Used to smoke for 3 years, quit 7 months ago. Ive been.burping alot & my upper back hurts, feels as if it needs to be cracked... if I put my shoulders back it cracks.. If that helps?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Forum

Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.