Heart Disease Forum

heart murmur with a leaky valve

Posted By melissa on March 25, 1999 at 15:31:29:

I just have a simple question that I need answered.  My grandmother and father both have leaky valves.  I believe it is the same on.  Is there a test that could be used to test both of my children to see if they have inheridited this condition.  How bad is a leaky valve anyway.  My dad takes digoxin for his leaky valve.  His top part beat three times faster than the bottom or visa versa.  One or the other. How do they diagnose a leaky valve.  Is it because they hear a heart murmur that they can diagnose a condition like a leaky valve.  Thanks in advance for the information.
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.