Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

heart problems

my one friend has some problems.doctor said that c has got problem of less oxygen saturation in heart.and also due to intake of a large no. of medicines she has problems in her brain.....i cnt explain myself...but she said she has not control on her body sometime...and she dnt remember what she is doing.
i only want to know that...is there any threat to her life??? and is there any cure possible???
please help me...i dont know anything about heart diseases...i am her friend only so her parents will not tell me anything
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
367994 tn?1304953593
Low oxygen in the blood  is medically termed  hypoxia and symptoms include:

•Headache
•Shortness of breath (dyspnea)
•Increased blood pressure
•Rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
•Lightheadedness
•A bluish discoloration of the skin, lips and/or nail beds (cyanosis)

Does your friend have any of the above listed symptoms?

There can be chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), is a lung disease that causes a blockage or narrowing of the airways, the tubes in your lungs that air flows through. This results in a decrease in the flow of air, both in and out of your lungs. The disease has a slow, progressive course and is irreversible. Need to rule out or treat...its a serious medical condition.

•Breathlessness with any type of activity
•Chronic cough
•Increase in sputum production
•Wheezing
•Chest tightness
•Frequent chest infections

Does your friend have any of shown symptoms?  I had hypoxia, and it was heart related.  When it is heart related hypoxia results from blood backing up into the lungs and inhibits the lung's ability to obtain enough oxygen.  This results in excessive dry coughing and a feeling of not getting enough air to breath and choking sensation.

Helpful - 0
976897 tn?1379167602
Unfortunately you know too little information for anyone to give a response. Usually when Oxygen saturation is that low it's caused by a Lung problem, pneumonia or fluid in the lungs. A ventilating machine can push air into the lungs at a greater pressure than the patient can and gives them a huge chance of recovery. When a patient is laying down and relaxed, the heart doesn't have to work very hard at all to get enough oxygen to the brain and this is why I think its more likely the lungs. Are you sure its the heart?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Community

Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538180937
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506080564
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.