Heart Disease Community

hypertension

If my blood pressure 140/56 what does it mean. All charts I have seen say 140 is high but 56 is good. Shoud I be concerned?
hum have you been to see a dr about it , 140 should be 120 i think , 56 sounds low mine runs around 60-80 anything over 90 high . just get it checked its not to bad to me .
Thank you
A systolic pressure of 140 is classified as stage 1 hypertension. For that, one is usually advised to try lifestyle modifications (smoking cessation, alcohol moderation, sodium restriction, the DASH diet, increased moderate exercise, etc) to bring it down.
A diastolic pressure of 56 is lower than average, but as long as you are asymptomatic it is not a problem.
Thank you
My blood pressure is 140/50
Should I be concerned
My blood pressure is 140/50
Should I be concerned
Its a wide pulse pressure.  Do you have any symptoms?