Heart Disease Forum

lateral ischemia

My ECG revealed lateral ischemia.  I don't have health insurance anymore and therefore have not seen a cardiologist yet.  I'm presently taking metoprolol, lisinopril, and spironolactone because my blood pressure is elevated.
I am also experiencing shortness of breath which the metoprolol seems to help.  How long can I go without seeing a cardiologist for this ischemia?  I found out about the results of the ECG around May 17, 2013.  Also, what is the difference between an ECG and an EKG?
Generally speaking, an ECG (or EKG-they are both the same and used interchangeably) must be interpreted along with symptoms. If a patient were having symptoms (chest pain, nausea, shortness of breath) at the time of the ECG, or if these were the symptoms that warranted the ECG, then they should make an appointment to see a doctor (this does not have to be a cardiologist).
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.