Heart Disease Forum

mrs.

I am a 57 year old femal with A fib; I take 50mg of toporal xl daily.  My question is this, I also have add and just recently began treatment.  I am taking 15 mg of adderal daily and hopefully will begin a time release next week; it has worked miracles.  Will this drug interfer with toporal and is there a problem taking both>

Thank you
Adderal has been known to decrease the effect of metoprolol in terms of treating hypertension and tachycardia, therefore, you might experience elevation in your heart rate and blood pressure, but not necessarily worsening atrial fibrillation.  The only way to know is to try it and see what happens.  If your AF worsens, you should consider an alternative approach to treating your ADD.  
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.