Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20k Members

muga vs echo results

I previously have had a PVC ablation that resulted in correcting my EF, going from 35% to 60% according to echo tests.  Recently I went off the Coreg that I had been kept on for 2 years, and an echo showed it slipping back to 45%, and my doctor wanted a MUGA before deciding what to do.  The MUGA showed an EF of 78%!  I've heard the difference might be 10-15% between the tests, not 75%.  My Doctor is going with the MUGA results for my actual status.  How can the huge difference be explained and should I be concerned about any and all echo tests.  Obviously I'm excited about the 78% EF number.  
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.